The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my question, Is www.Aquatraders.com a reputable site? does anyone have any experience with them? I found a 48" 2x65 watt odyssey light fixture for 49.95?!?!?! That is an incredible price, I was just about to click add to cart when I got the "too good to be true feeling"
If anyone has any insight for me I would love to hear it.
Thanks in advance, John

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Use Search. There's been a few recent topics about AquaTraders recently...In short:

-The older style used to cause fires. Bulbs and ballasts would burn out within months.
-They have a new style. People have had them for a short time. No reports of fires that I've read...yet.
-People have their MH/PC fixtures. The MH ballats were swapped out with AquaMedic or CoralVue ballasts and seem to be working great! This is also for the new model of Odyssea's MH/PC fixtures.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think its legit. Read it somewhere in aquarium magazine

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I emailed them 2 weeks ago on when they will have their cheap pink plant bulbs back in stock and got no reply. It's not that their fixtures are cheap, it's that everyone else's are such a rip off, and the resellers are making a killing. With that said, I still recently paid for a top dollar fixture only because I didn't want to deal the any fan noise or defects. were I on a tighter budget and had the time, I'd probably risk the Odyssee and replace whatever parts are prone to failure myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts