The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a AC50 filter on my 23G aquarium. I want to buy a canister filter and I don't know what to choose. I could buy an aquatop CF300 for 130$ which I have heard could review about it. Someone also wants to sell me his used eihem 2213 for 60$ or his 2215 for 90$. What do you think about buying a used canister filter? Which filter would suit best for my aquarium? I could also buy 2 ahem 150.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply guys.

I'm from canada so it's more expensive on amazon.ca. I'll definitely take a look at the SunSun! But now only talking about quality, should I go with a aquatop/SunSun or Eheim?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright guys, I'll go with the eheim 2213.

I would like to add purigen to my filter to remove tannins from my water and to get it crystal clear (I've heard this stuff is magic). what I was thinking was maybe using my ac50 for mechanical filtration and my eheim for biological/polishing(purigen) since the eheim has a lower flow rating. Do you think this is a good idea? If not, what should I do to make best use of both my filter considering I want to use purigen?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts