The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, I was a bit bored this afternoon and was searching the web for random things...

While looking around I found a site that had some really nice SS tools Med grade that would be really nice for tank maintenance. Things included SS forceps, Scissors, and some other things...

The prices are really good for the mid sized things which are around 4.5 inches- 5.5 inches and some of the Longer 10-12 inch forceps where good priced too!

So I'm wondering, IF (big IF here) I start carrying these types of products is anyone interested? I can also get the cases for your tools as well.

So Let me know if there is any interest and I'll look into getting a few of this and that to test out. And if they pass my test :help: I'll sell some of these products!

Thanks,
-Andrew

PS, Mods if you think this should be in another section move it there. I wasn't sure where to put it and Its more about selling these things so I thought it would fit here, but If not Let me know and move it!

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would folks just search and go to a site and buy them themselves? Are you getting some large discount that you will offer a reduced price?
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for, They said they give good discounts for larger orders or "wholesale" So I think I should be able to get a very good price on these things.

Here are some pictures of what I'm looking into.
(They're from the manufacturer's site)

Forceps, those are some of the many. These are the shorter ones, 4.5-5.5 inches

Will get some pictures of the scissors and other things next..

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright Yoink! I'll have to call them tomorrow to ask about a "wholesale" discount or some type of discount...

Scissors are scissors... Here is a picture of 8inch ones

Longer Forceps

10 inch curved

12 inch curved

10 inch strait

12 inch strait

Prices should be around... (but may be cheaper or a little more expensive)

Strait 10 inch - $5
Strait 12 inch - $7
Curved 10 inch - $6
Curved 12 inch - $8

Might be cheaper, Might be a little more I'm not 100% sure. I'll call tomorrow about discounts and let everyone know then.

-Andrew

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
In my opinion there is a market for lower priced tools such as these. I got mine from Arizona Aquatic Gardens, at a reasonable price, but the shipping cost was not reasonable. If you decide to do this, make sure you can give us a break on shipping. Some of these things could be shipped First Class mail cheaper than priority mail, for example.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Andrew, I've been looking for some reasonably priced tools, especially 10-12" tweezers or forceps and curved scissors. Will wait to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'd be interested in 12" to 18" curved scissors and 12" to 18" tweezers if you get any....

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Well I think based on the posts so far you might have no small amount of interest! Count me in too...although, I like hooha would like 18" or 24" sizes if they're available, but I could do 12" too...of course shipping is a #@(*% when it comes to total costs. Hoppy, funny that you mention AZGardens, that's where I buy almost all my plants if I can't get them here or elsewhere!! At one time I thought about buying the same items...but didn't...the $$ isn't cheap.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In my opinion there is a market for lower priced tools such as these. I got mine from Arizona Aquatic Gardens, at a reasonable price, but the shipping cost was not reasonable. If you decide to do this, make sure you can give us a break on shipping. Some of these things could be shipped First Class mail cheaper than priority mail, for example.
I will do! I'm going over to the post office today to ship your order out so I'm going to talk to the lady there about shipping rates probably. I'm hoping that I can keep shipping on "normal" (Probably under 12") For under $6 That being priority mail. But I'll see.

id also be interested in some tools if prices and shipping is decent
Alright I'll have to find a way to get decent shipping costs!

I agree with hoppy a deal on shipping and I believe you might find a lot of interest in these.
What's the estimated price for the hemostats?
(can you tell I'm interested? :D )
I can tell your interested! I'll look for a good way to ship them. As for the hemostats? (I'm guessing its one of the smaller forceps right?) I'm not sure on price because of what the size is. The others I can pretty much figure a price now, but the others I can't really.

Andrew, I've been looking for some reasonably priced tools, especially 10-12" tweezers or forceps and curved scissors. Will wait to see what you come up with.
Alright, I will probably get some of the forceps and I'm not sure what their longest scissor size is, that is reasonable in the cost.

I'd be interested in 12" to 18" curved scissors and 12" to 18" tweezers if you get any....
I know I'll get some 12" curved tweezers. I'm not sure they have scissors that long I'm going to have to double check. They do have scissors similar to AAG, and Drs. Foster and Smith with the LONG strait shaft part and the little scissor blade thats like at an angle.. .But those would be like $50-$60 I'm pretty sure. I'll get a pic. to show you what I'm talking about.

I would be interested depending on shipping cost.
Gene
Alright good to know!

Well I think based on the posts so far you might have no small amount of interest! Count me in too...although, I like hooha would like 18" or 24" sizes if they're available, but I could do 12" too...of course shipping is a #@(*% when it comes to total costs. Hoppy, funny that you mention AZGardens, that's where I buy almost all my plants if I can't get them here or elsewhere!! At one time I thought about buying the same items...but didn't...the $$ isn't cheap.
Yeah, your telling ME! I know the make some very very long things but cost to me is unreasonable but after I call I'll let you know. I'm also going to try and keep shipping to a minimum. Under $10 for most items hopefully. (Priority boxes might be my choice for some larger orders...)

So I'll have to call the company right now!

Thanks everyone!
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just called, but I really didn't want to play tele tag with the phones (they wanted me to leave a message) So I just emailed them for more info. I'll let everyone know what I get!

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright so I emailed them this morning and they emailed me back. They wanted to know what my company name and address was :hihi: . I emailed them back giving the the info that I'm not at the moment a formal company, with a name and all that jazz. Well I don't think they liked that response for some reason... I'm going to email them back to see if there was a problem with my response and what I can do to fix it. In my opinion If they have wholesale discounts its black and white usually. So It wouldn't matter where my "company" was. Maybe they got tied up with email I'm not sure. I'm going to be waiting on an email back.

Long story short, I'm not sure what the hell they think of me.. And am hoping that their Customer Service people just got too busy to email me back today. OR It might be that they only take "companies" seriously who have a name, So I might need to get a name, even though I'm not really a company:icon_lol:

Confused yet? I sure am..

So I'll let everyone know how it goes. I'm not giving up because there seems to be a HUGE interest in these things.

So I'll let everyone know what happens while it happens.

-Andrew

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
you gotta know how to play these situations. State (with a straight face) that you are CEO of AquaDesigns or whatever made up company and give your normal address. I did this in the audio business for years and never had problems. ;)

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you gotta know how to play these situations. State (with a straight face) that you are CEO of AquaDesigns or whatever made up company and give your normal address. I did this in the audio business for years and never had problems. ;)
Oh don't worry, thats what I'm planning on doing. I just wanted to be honest here:hihi: . Now I'm going to need to make up a name...

-Andrew

1 - 20 of 35 Posts