The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see what plants folks really liked, but are not easily available in the US. My first thought is Rotala sp. Green...

What do you look for regularly but can never find?

-O

·
Registered
429 Posts
I actually managed to find Rotala sp. Green today on aquabid! Strangely, it even turns out the seller lives about a 20 minute drive away from me. Hoping when it shows up that its actually rotala sp. green, I can't help but be skeptical as its been so hard to find, but the seller has perfect feedback, so we'll see.

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
Cryptocoryne nurii, C. crispatula var. tonkinensis, and blackwater Crypt species, you know, all the cool ones. A few different mosses and liverworts come to mind too.

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
Wow, never even heard of that one.
I only saw it on lowcoaster's list once, and now I'm kicking myself for not getting it. Here's a really bad picture of one.

It's also pictured in the Aquarium Plant Handbook by Amano. I think you can get it from the Aquatic Gardeners Association. It carries a really hefty price tag if you can find it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm surprised that Rotala sp. 'Green' is not widespread given how easy a weed that plant is. I guess I'll stop composting that one.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I check every store I'm in for money trees.
The employees always have one of several excuses for why they never have any that day.

There was the one time the cashier got on the paging system to ask the manager where they were. I don't know if she was madder or more embarrassed. I stop them before they can do that, now.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can't get these anywhere. would love to try a couple of the Cinereum.

Eriocaulon cinereum
Eriocaulon Mato Grosso
Eriocaulon sp. 'Goias'

1 - 20 of 35 Posts