The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
I ordered a pair of those a few weeks back when another person posted about them: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=585265&highlight=

I set them up on my 20 long and not only was it not enough light the blue was way to intense. I had asked a bunch of questions of their support and they where great but ultimately learned they are phasing this product out. I tried, but just couldn't get over how blue it made my tank look they overpowered it. I think with all the LED's being .5w it was just to much. I ended up re-selling them locally to someone who was doing paludariums...never heard back, not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol.

I went with a Beamswork .5w 6500k fixture on that (30") tank and it looks great, I also use a pair 36" fixtures, same model on my 40B planted. No complaints until I get lazy don't keep up on trimming the top sections of plants and the lower gets shadowed. Both these sizes run around $50 give or take a couple bucks. It was quite a nice upgrade on my 40 when I bought the pair for right around $100 shipped.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13,080 Posts
it does!

I was thinking about buying a grip of them to replace my quad T5HO unit on my 110 gallon, but if the color is off i wont bother! thanks!
color or not, you wouldn't have been happy.. Replacing what you have requires 1W or better LED's.. and a lot of them.. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.