The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I've purchased from them many times. I've received some questionable stock from them before - products sold as new that were damaged when I received them. And their prices are too high.

But that doesn't change the fact that most of their stuff is really high quality. And lot's of it is hard to find elsewhere. As such, I find them an indispensable supplier.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
If your talking about Aquatic Eco in Apopka Florida, that place is one of the biggest distributors of aquatic tools and anything else having to do with aquatics in the world. Get there catalog for free and you will see why. Ive been to Aquatic Eco and its unbelievable how big this place is. That strange how you received a bum order. Just call them up, Im sure they will resolve the matter in a reasonable time. Good luck

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Aquatic Eco's prices are on the high side for online vendors, but they carry so many things that are hard to find that they are indespensible. I've never had a problem with their service, but I tend to order only piece parts and fittings from them, not major hardware.

As for soaking bogwood, it'll take way longer than a week to make an appreciable dent in the amount of tannins it leeches. I had some pieces in a 10g tank that were still coloring the water after a year. In cases like this Purigen is your best friend.

·
Registered
420 Posts
"5 weeks"

I meant to say more like 5 MONTHS, honey :hihi:

OH! And where is that Terrarium store you found that had the 35-dollar wood?????

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
I've ordered from them several times and I got them to price match some of the items. They do a good job and if you order many different things at one time; the care in the packing of the order into a shipping carton is a work of art. Also, as was mentioned earlier, get their catalog.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I got a Azoo regulator w/ solenoid from them for like $56, and shipping was reasonable. Regulator was in excellent shape and works great over a year later. Very quick turnaround from the time I placed order until I received item. The exact same regulator was pushing $100 every other place I looked.

The fact that you don't know the shipping until right before they ship is a bit irritating to me, but you can always contact them before you place the order to see what shipping would be to you.

I'd have to mimic what everyone else is saying though. They really do have a lot of stuff you're just not going to find anywhere else, and sometimes you will still stumble upon some excellent deals even though their regular prices seem a bit high.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.