The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a C)2 regulator. i want a reasonable quality regulator but certainly can't afford to drop $300 on it.

I saw this aquatek all-in-one setup on [Ebay Link Removed] Anybody have an experience with or comments on these? It looks like a decent price even after shipping, but only if it isn't a bad regulator (e.g. I have a Milwaukee reg and HATE it, can't keep a constant pressure).

item number 230840786821

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have one with the 3 outlet adapter. I currently have two aquariums running off of it. I've never had any problems or leaks what so ever. It's definitely not the best co2 regulator that's for sure, but I like mine. I bought mine from evilbay. If you get an aquatek regulator make sure it has a solenoid!!!!!!!! I got the basic model package deal with solenoid, co2 tubing and bubble counter for around 80bucks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have that regulator running on a 5# CO2 cylinder. I also have the older model that isn't adjustable. Both have been great for me, and do what they're supposed to. IMO I don't see it necessary to spend $300-$400 for a regulator, unless you have at least that much invested in livestock.
its not simply about controling co2 to not kill off fauna, but more to help flora and enhance the beauty of the tank.

as most of us know its a huge balancing act between light, ferts, co2, water chemistry, and even more.

great control of co2 helps you keep control of the tank in more then one way.

the GLA regulators are nice, but for their prices I believe building your own is more worthwhile. It's more fun, yes building one is fun, gets you talking with other hobbyists, keeps you interested in the hobby, gives you something to work on for weeks or months, you know EXACTLY what every part is meaning the quality/make/source where as a prebuilt like GLA's you can hope for the best parts, and you can get one as shiny as you want meaning SS vs all brass. Much more to this also that others like oldpunk can chime in on.

I just built my first regulator, and price wise I reall doubt I went over the $400 a GLA setup of similar/lower settings would have cost. Actually just did the math and I don't think I went over $250 including glass diffuser, but not the co2 tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.