The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So I recently picked up this regulator with an Empire 20oz tank. I've been having an issue where after about 3 weeks of running the tank suddenly starts losing pressure. I refilled it, tightened everything and everything seemed fine. 3 weeks or so later, the same thing happened. I tried spreading soapy water over everything but I don't see any bubbling.

Anyone know what causes this? It's only 3 months old...

·
Banned
107 Posts
Replace the O-ring on the Co2 tank. I can't say for certain that this is the problem, but I had a deformed O-ring on a tank that leaked. Replacing the o-ring solved the issue for me.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Replace the O-ring on the Co2 tank. I can say for certain that this is the problem, but I had a deformed O-ring on a tank that leaked. Replacing the o-ring solved the issue for me. I can't say for certain if that is your issue though.
what he said, I was dumbfounded for the longest and then realized it was the oring! Doh!

·
Banned
45 Posts
yup, took my co2 tank to get it refilled and the guy notified me that my o-ring was missing. he gave me a new one and everythings been going swimmingly ever since

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey guys, i have the aquatek mini for 1 month now at 1 bps, filled it up a month ago at 750 psi but now its at 300-400 psi already, i did the soapy water leak test and looks like i have a micro leak, at the tiny hole on the bottom of the regulator.... i have a new o ring on it whats going on? do i need to lube the o ring? should i use teflon tape?

·
Registered
56 Posts
so i think i fixed it, got another refill after just 1 month of use, but this time i lubed the o rings and also added teflon tape

1 - 6 of 6 Posts