The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this and can comment on it's quality..

I have a second one being delivered today from amazon.. The first one I got last week didnt work.. solenoid would click but not turn on, and the pressure gauges never moved.

Im hoping this isnt a sign of build quality

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you check to make sure the regulator is tightened down on the PB tank? It's happened to me more than once. I have both the Aquatek and the Aquatic Life regulators and both work well with my set ups. Hope this helps. :bounce:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah I cranked the thing down all the way by hand.. heard a short hiss from the tank while tightening it.. assuming it hit the release pin? but still nothing

·
Registered
244 Posts
mine worked fro 2 years no problem of course now that i just build nice concoa with metering valve i wouldn't go back :)

·
Registered
963 Posts
yeah I cranked the thing down all the way by hand.. heard a short hiss from the tank while tightening it.. assuming it hit the release pin? but still nothing
Yeah, the short hiss was the tank valve pin being depressed. The snugging down of the regulator by hand always worked for me. If you watch the installation video put out by Aquatek, they use a crescent wrench to tighten the connection. The other thing it could be (hasn't happened to me but have seen references for it) is there may be some debris lodged in the orifice of your regulator. Good luck fixing the problem. :bounce:

·
Registered
733 Posts
My Aquatek solenoid burned out after about 4 months, causing the CO2 to run 24/7. I ended up buying another solenoid recently and it is working as it should.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Aquatek solenoid and it's been great for me. Operating for about 6 months. I do have to keep an eye on my bubble counter though, it seems to turn itself down as the pressure in my bottle goes down.

·
Registered
353 Posts
my aquatek has been pretty solid for me (going on about 7 months now). I have no complaints. glad your second one worked!

I thought mine didn't work when I ordered it but I'm just an idiot. I didn't realize you can't ship pre-filled paintball tanks.

:iamwithst:iamwithst:iamwithst

1 - 13 of 13 Posts