The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts

end of tank dump?

it has 2 sets of gauges.. the tank pressure and working pressure.

working pressure is set somewhere between 50-55psi.

Tank pressure is useless until you vaporized the last bit of liquid co2.

·
Registered
884 Posts
lol its a 20lber...

i got traumatized when i ran out of CO2.

I had to wait 3 days for a fill, and No it was not fun...

in 3 days my tank went from little bit of algae which i was recovering from.. to a full blown OMG HELP infestation on biblical size due to the high tech lights i was using.

basically from this:

To this:

NEVER AGAIN WILL I RUN OUT OF CO2!!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

end of tank dump?

it has 2 sets of gauges.. the tank pressure and working pressure.

working pressure is set somewhere between 50-55psi.

Tank pressure is useless until you vaporized the last bit of liquid co2.
I read that often times it's not easy to notice the the tank pressure gauge going down in time. I hope that because the working pressure is preset low that would prevent an EOTD.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I read that often times it's not easy to notice the the tank pressure gauge going down in time. I hope that because the working pressure is preset low that would prevent an EOTD.
well problem with tank pressure is that it can change thoughout the day due to your ambients.

if your in a hot location, the reading can be almost 15% higher then on a very cold day.

Until your litterally vaporized all your liquid CO2, tank pressure really wont do anything... at best it gives u a day or two notice that u need a fill, and that is reflective of your tank size and how much CO2 u inject.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well problem with tank pressure is that it can change thoughout the day due to your ambients.

if your in a hot location, the reading can be almost 15% higher then on a very cold day.

Until your litterally vaporized all your liquid CO2, tank pressure really wont do anything... at best it gives u a day or two notice that u need a fill, and that is reflective of your tank size and how much CO2 u inject.
In your case, have the CO2 run out with this regulator and did you have any problems?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Agreed about the working pressure being around 30psi. I've never seen mine go much above that.. Also not sure if it's adjustable at all. I've always been curios about what's underneath the part with the Aquatek sticker in the middle of the reg, but never had the guts to try removing it.

I've never had end of tank dump issues.

Has anyone ever tried this regulator with an inline atomic diffuser? I've wanted one, but not sure if it will work due to working pressure..

·
Registered
884 Posts
I thought that reg was set to 30psi?
OOPs... i then got the gauges wrong... lol i misread the line and tought the psi applied to the left gauge...

Heres exactly what mine reads now: (bubble counter is separate)

In your case, have the CO2 run out with this regulator and did you have any problems?
not with this regulator... but ive already took it off and mounted it on a couple of times from a paintball tank to the 20lber.

i have it setup where if i run out of CO2, i can pop a paintball tank on it for the downtime while i run over to Tym's to refill the 20lber.

But i wont need a refill for probably almost a year...

Has anyone ever tried this regulator with an inline atomic diffuser? I've wanted one, but not sure if it will work due to working pressure..
ive tried it on a diffuser b4 i went reactor... and it worked..
which is why i thought the working pressure was 50psi.
The diffuser i was using tho was a fluval ceramic diffuser tho.

Not too sure about the atomizer tho... im waiting for them to be in stock locally b4 i end up getting one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Low pressure

Agreed about the working pressure being around 30psi. I've never seen mine go much above that.. Also not sure if it's adjustable at all. I've always been curios about what's underneath the part with the Aquatek sticker in the middle of the reg, but never had the guts to try removing it.

I've never had end of tank dump issues.

According to this you can use 30 psi working pressure (low pressure).

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.