The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
A.K.A. Fish Room Bum
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two questions.
1. I have read that some people keep their CO2 running 24-7 to keep the ph of the water the same. Any merit to this approach?

2.Which bubble counter do people like with this Aquatek CO2 model regulator Mini, e.g. DR. MOSS Co2 Bubble Counter & Check Valve - Aquarium Brass Regulator Diffuser Solenoid Reactor Plants Tank?

Thank you,

DD

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've never kept co2 on 24/7 but I understand that co2 added during night will not be utilized by the plants anyway and wastes the gas.
On the other hand, I wonder if some softwater or ph sensitive fish would benefit from the more stable co2.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually like the bubble counter that comes with the Aquatek regulator better that the glass ones that you stick on the side.
1. It hangs on the back edge of the tank above the waterline so it is out of the way yet readily visible. Glass ones that stick on the side get bumped and have been know to fall off of the mounting suction cups.
2. It has a built in back flow preventer which others you must mount below the bubble counter tube. This creates a less elegant solution. I have tried to put the back flow preventer away from the bubble counter but it allows the water in the tube to back flow down the airline tube and then when the CO2 turns back on it takes it a few minutes to refill.
I have 2 Aquatek Co2 regulators and about to order my 3rd as I really like them.

·
A.K.A. Fish Room Bum
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I will stay with the timed approach as I have been and take advantage of the solenoid. Thanks.

Bump:
I actually like the bubble counter that comes with the Aquatek regulator better that the glass ones that you stick on the side.
1. It hangs on the back edge of the tank above the waterline so it is out of the way yet readily visible. Glass ones that stick on the side get bumped and have been know to fall off of the mounting suction cups.
2. It has a built in back flow preventer which others you must mount below the bubble counter tube. This creates a less elegant solution. I have tried to put the back flow preventer away from the bubble counter but it allows the water in the tube to back flow down the airline tube and then when the CO2 turns back on it takes it a few minutes to refill.
I have 2 Aquatek Co2 regulators and about to order my 3rd as I really like them.
How long have you had your Aquatek CO2 regulator?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts