The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a small 16 gallon planted tank and would like to add Co2. Unfortunately my old Co2 setup might not work for my current configuration. The tank is 10lbs and having a Co2 tank sit in the hallway (out in the open) of my condo might be considered displeasing by the wife. I've been researching paintball Co2 setups and it seems like a great alternative in terms of footprint. From what I've read, I have three choices: 1) Aquatek Mini - seems most affordable but the needle valve is dodgy at best 2) GLA Gro - I live in Canada and shipping is half the cost of the unit itself! 3) Setup the old configuration, throw a jacket on it, and pretend it's not there :oops:.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? Can I also use it with an inline Co2 diffuser?

From what I also read, a 24oz paintball setup should last about 3 months. The cylinders seem reasonable at $40 and I could get another unit to have on standby. Alternatively, there is a ninja fill station which would allow me to use my 10lb cylinder (in storage doing nothing at the moment) and use it to fill up the paintball tank myself.

To add to my post above.. I think I found my solution. AAA Aquatic makes a regulator that I could use for paintball cylinders with the use of an adapter. Seems reasonable in price but I have trouble finding any reviews. It looks similar to the GLA version at a fraction of the cost.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I've read your post a couple times but it's not real clear. Do you have a regulator now? If yes why not just buy an adaptor. Most regulators should work on a paintball tank with an adaptor.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry my post got blended together because I'm still new here and need the moderator to approve my message until my post count goes up. I was replying to my initial post.

Anyhow, since I posted I settled with a single stage co2 regulator. Ended up ordering from AAA a local Canadian brand with a 2 year warranty (the selling point). I will be setting up a paintball tank with an adapter. I have an old co2 setup that I will be using as the donor to refill the paintball tank to avoid some of the filling costs with a smaller tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.