The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't know if I am the only one that is experiencing this or not but I figured I'd ask. So I have the Aquatek C02 regulator with the Aquatek paintball adapter. I have just purchased a new paintball tank and every time I get it refilled it starts spewing C02 out the release port. I never had any issues with my previous tank and now on my 3rd fill I'm having the same problem. This time I hooked it up and all was good. I went to plug the tubing into my check valve and it blew completely over blowing everything around under my tank. I pulled it off quick so I didn't lose much but definitely scared the s*** out of me. I'm tired of having this constant issue as ever since these issues have gone on I'm worried that it's gonna do it again. Not only that but if all was good initially, what's to say one day I'm at work and it does the same thing and nobody is home. Will the adapter get so cold off of a full tank that the pressure could crack the adapter causing it to blow out the bottom of my tank? I have too many concerns with it and don't want to put it back on right now. Just looking for others that have had this issue and/or any advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
So you attach the adapter to the regulator and then attach both to the tank and it leaks around where the adapter attaches? Have you checked the gasket on the PB tank. They split often. None of your connection pieces should be getting cold unless you have a leak.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you attach the adapter to the regulator and then attach both to the tank and it leaks around where the adapter attaches? Have you checked the gasket on the PB tank. They split often. None of your connection pieces should be getting cold unless you have a leak.

Correct. I've been using this regulator for at least a year now. The only thing that changed was the manufacturer of the paintball tank. It doesn't leak around the bottom but out of the hole in the side of the adapter. It had a bad seal one of the times and once that was replaced it was fine. Then the adapter unscrewed from the regulator from the pressure now this. The adapter gets cold when it leaks out the hole of the adapter. That's what my fear is about it getting too cold and possibly cracking due to the pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.