The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone here have an aquastarr tank? I'm considering getting the 55 gallon semi-bowfront. I need to get a new tank, and I really want to stay at 55 gallons (certainly not smaller, and I don't want to go bigger because of the weight)
Anyway, the hood has a wet/dry (i think) filter built in to it, and T5 bulbs totalling about 2.1 watts/gallon. Now if I get it, i'll want to replace the lights with Power Compacts from AH supply, and I'll probably Run my Eheim canister on it as well, but my question is...Can the hood fit AH supply lights. Does anyone here have one of their tanks?
you can see it at http://www.aquagiant.com/product_info.php/cPath/31_44_141/products_id/625

I know it's abit pricy, but the tank and stand are pretty much exactly what I want! (actually, the 72 gallon oceanis is what I want - but too heavy)

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It seems to have a nice lighting system. I don't see why you would wan't to replace it. T5's are very nice...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just because I currently have 4.7 watts per gallon, and that system with the T5 are only 2.1 watts per gallon. I'm pretty happy having 4 watts per gallon! Plus I was looking at the measurements of the tanks and the gallonage, and it seemed that they were UNDER rated as far as the number of gallons they hold. I found the maufacturer's website which lists the tanks in Liters, and I converted them- ends up the 55 gallon I want is ACTUALLY 68 Gallons! It's great that someone over-estimates, but I'm converned about weight-so I want to know exactly what it holds!

Also, if it's really bigger than they say, that means the 55 gallon tank really only gets 1.7 watts per gallon. :-(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.