The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have heard people suggesting that something in Eco-complete "killed off their shrimp" over time. Wether that is true or not, I do not know. Anyways, I am make a nice looking planted tank for my Patchytriton (its a newt) and I was wondering if there is any compound in these substrates that could cause harm to amphibians over time. A few of my other planted tanks have Flourite and other things. I wanted to try out Aquasoil or Eco-Complete on my 10 gal Patchytriton house. Any input on a choice of substrate will be nice. It is a non-heated tank. I really like how those substrates look compared to flourite or tahitianmoon sand. :)

Anyone who has amphibian planted tanks, rather newts or frogs, or whatever, any advice for setting one up would be nice and I would be greatful.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
I have heard people suggesting that something in Eco-complete "killed off their shrimp" over time
I have never heard that before. Can you provide some reference as to where you read/heard that? I would really like to read it.

Mike

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The effect is discussed several times on the petshrimp.com about it "adding to the water parameters" and throwing it off at times thus leading to enexplained "die offs"

Anyways, I dont really care of its effects on shrimp ATM, I have amphibians who soak up what ever through their sensitive bodies and I do not want to introduce anything that can harm an amphbian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts