The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, after realizing how many aquasoil threads there were, it came to me. Everyone wantss someone else to tell them how much AS to put in their tank(me included). Could someone please make some kind of chart or something for this? Maybe have some common tanks on there and how much is reccomended. And try to include the formula someone thought of.

I think this could help Get rid of lots of FAQ's.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Theres a chart on aquariumdesigngroup.com, under the substrate section of the site. Your going to have to easure your tank and run that off of what they have and suggest under thier tank sizes.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Someone said 1 bag for ~175 square inches of footprint for a ~3" layer. After reading a bunch of posts, it seems to be pretty accurate.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you peteybob

Double post

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you peteybob

Here is ADG's chart
AQUARIUM SIZE POWER SAND AQUA SOIL
ADA 60cm (24in. X 12in.) = U.S. 15 gal. 1- 2 liter bag "S", Regular 1- 9 liter bag
or Special type

Standard U.S. 20 gallon (high or long) 1- 2 liter bag "S", Regular 1- 9 liter bag +
or Special type 1- 3 liter bag

ADA 90cm (36in. X 18in.) = U.S. 58 gal. 2- 2 liter bags "M", Regular 3- 9 liter bags
or Special type

ADA 120cm (48in. X 18in.) = U.S. 75 gal. 3- 2 liter bags "M", Regular or 4- 9 liter bags
1- 6 liter bag "M" Special type

ADA 180cm (72in. X 24in.) = U.S. 180 gal. 9- 2 liter bags "L", Regular or 9- 9 liter bags
1- 18 liter bag "L" Special type

*note that a a 9 liter bag of is approximately 20 lbs.

Here's the location of the original chart- Aqua Soil Amazonia

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
i used 3 3L powersand, 2 9L aquasoil and one bottle of tourmalineBC for my 30gallon long and i got 4-5''

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know how deep that is, but i am planing on 2 bags for my 29 gallon, and hoping to have some leftover, but maybe not.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
yeah whatever size the powersand special s comes it in i used 3x bags.

i think it came out perfect to my liking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts