The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
917 Posts
I've kept planted tanks for a long time but have never had a real show piece. Just "jungle style" tanks loaded with different kinds of plants and some driftwood.

I'd probably go with a dutch/jungle style aquascape. Here's what I'm planning to get or have gotten...

- 18 liters of ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil (3" in my tank)
- "Branchy" driftwood

Any scape tips? Ideas that you've been wanting to try? Ideas for a hooded cube tank?

Even basic aquascaping tips help. :)

The tank is 24" long by 15" wide by 18" tall, BTW. This model...

·
Registered
191 Posts
It would be helpful to at least start the scape so we can get a feel for what you like and where your headed. As for tips, i watched a bunch of youtube videos on the subject, looked at a bunch of show tanks and read these forums for a while. Way too much info to try and encapsulate in one post. Sorry, i know not very helpful

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I agree with fj - it would help to see what you have in mind. Show us some options to give a sense of where you're going with this. You mention a Dutch look, but I can't recall seeing "branchy" driftwood in Dutch style tanks (although I suppose that's where the "jungle" part comes in).

917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, changed plans.

What I want to do now is dry start the tank to get a carpet of dwarf baby tears. After I fill up the tank, there's two ways I could go. I think I want to use jungle val around the back center of the tank, mainly behind the driftwood, with some smaller/shorter plants around it. I may add a few reddish ones just for contrast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.