The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm still rather new to this so keep this in mind! I ave attached a pic of my 55 gal that i i just planted some new rotalla in but i wondered if anyone had any ideas to help improve my aquascape. I also read that debris/fish waste should be left in tank to help plant growth is that valid? If not would shrimp help to clean this up, I realize that waste will just transfer but i figured smaller waste would be easier to transfer into substrate. I am using sand substrate, didn't read too much before i started but i have recently been thinking of adding eco-complete to the mix.

PS The big rock is holding down the driftwood i found myself (Boiled it and let soak for a few says has been in tank successfully for ~2 months)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Fish waste can provide nutrients for plant growth, but only once the bacteria to facilitate this has grown, therefore once your tank has matured. I'm assuming your tank is about 2 months old so it should be okay to leave the mulm. No shrimp don't eat fish waste they'll eat bacteria growing around it maybe, but not the actual waste.
The wood is still not staying down after 2 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
It just depends on what you're going for. I think the wood is too large. I prefer to go for wood and rocks with a lot of fine detail. It makes it look more interesting. Smooth rocks make the tank look small, while detailed rocks make it look like mountains from far away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.