The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current aquascape

I'd like to create a better focal point, and I love Java Fern, so I would like to create my focal point with Needle Leaf Java Fern, with Anubias accenting it. As you can see, my aquascape doesn't "wow" people, so I'd like to fix it up before it ages too much. My wood may not be good for aquascaping either, but I'd like to avoid buying $100 worth of driftwood if possible. What could I do to achieve a tank that looks similar to the background of this tank? The only exception is that I wouldn't have the Java Fern spanning across the ENTIRE length of tank, just at the focal point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
691 Posts
It looks to me like the tank you posted has no background and a white wall behind. That tank is also an ADA tank which has low iron glass which is a lot clearer.

So if you can, remove the blue background and paint the wall behind it white. My tank is actually set up this way with the addition of a frosted window film.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Here is my 2 cents,

move those 2 driftwoods and branch it together. You might need to saw some branches and put it in a way that extend out.

Buy some needle java fern and start stuffing around the middle of the wood.

patient, patient and the most important of all, PATIENT ! lol.

They will grow bushy but take it takes time.

Plus what Mot recommended above. People will Wow your tank. If not, I wow for it. ! :)

J

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. Since this posting, I have changed my attitude on what I want to do with the tank; although, I'd still like some opinions. NOTE: The Java Fern clump in the background is not there to stay. I like the idea of cutting off some driftwood branches if needed. Anyway, here's the tank:

Anyways, I'd like to have a big backdrop of Val behind the driftwood. Next, I'd like to add a stem plant to the left corner. Any good low light stem plants that add a nice color? I'll also be replacing the Dwarf Hairgrass and Marsilea with Downoi and Staurogyne repens. If anyone has any opinions on what I should/could do, let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.