The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So these are rough ideas i put together for my first aquascape ever. Playing around with the hardscape before actually setting up my tank, so picture the setups in a 46gallon bowfront with tahitian moon sand, sloped up in the back for depth...what's missing or should be changed? Which one is better? All advice and opinions are greatly appreciated! The more the merrier!!

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
First One seems to have much more depth, as the branches all get smaller as they get closer to the focal point. #1 has my vote easy

Bump: Then again that depends on how you plan to plant it up. Carpet in all the middle and small plants/grasses right and left... then #1

If larger leafy plants throughout, then #2. This is because a lot of the hardscape will end up hidden.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had envisioned a carpeting plant on both sides,leafy type plants throughout and a "path" with the tahitian moon sand going between in the middle. Though I am not quite sure how to accomplish the path without the carpeting plant over taking it. Is there some sort of trick to use or is it just done with grooming and careful placement?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.