The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's try something. Post pictures of your favorite aquascape inspiration. Be it from nature or other tanks. I'd like to see what everyone is inspired by.

Here's mine.

You know you're in trouble when you look at that picture and the first thing you notice is the neat driftwood, and not the erupting volcano. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hmm, difficult question to answer for me. I don't draw inspiration directly from other aquascapes or landscapes. Whenever I've tried to emulate a landscape it's usually ended in abysmal failure. Most of my inspiration comes primarily from my state of mind, and the reflections of my subconscious, with perhaps secondary influence from other works that I thought was nifty usage of plants, etc that may be in the back of my head.

But basically for me it involves evaluating the materials I have on hand and creating something that reflects what the materials are 'insisting' on themselves, for example what plants best bring out the attributes of what stone from growth patterns, shape, etc, and an overall "feeling" or impression I'm aiming for in my head. Which is mostly why I just call it X style!

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, difficult question to answer for me. I don't draw inspiration directly from other aquascapes or landscapes. Whenever I've tried to emulate a landscape it's usually ended in abysmal failure. Most of my inspiration comes primarily from my state of mind, and the reflections of my subconscious, with perhaps secondary influence from other works that I thought was nifty usage of plants, etc that may be in the back of my head.

But basically for me it involves evaluating the materials I have on hand and creating something that reflects what the materials are 'insisting' on themselves, for example what plants best bring out the attributes of what stone from growth patterns, shape, etc, and an overall "feeling" or impression I'm aiming for in my head. Which is mostly why I just call it X style!
I find it's nearly impossible to draw inspiration for iwagumis from nature, it mostly comes down to working with the rocks that you have, arranging them in the most pleasing way until it looks/feels 'Right'. But that might just be me.

People could probably discuss the theories behind iwagumis for hours, but that's not the point of this thread, the point is pics or gtfo! :hihi:

·
Registered
273 Posts
That discus tank is epic. Though I think anyone's tank would look that good with discus that sexy

Here are some of my recent favorites:

I forget who this tank belonged to, but it was on another forum and he was from another country :eek5:

Speedie's 40 Breeder... Probably my favorite tank on this forum from the scape, to the fish and plant selection
fepic

Jinsei888's 40 gallon..

Anything similar to Amano's natural style

Just realized how different these styles are, but definitely LOVE these tanks

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts

You know you're in trouble when you look at that picture and the first thing you notice is the neat driftwood, and not the erupting volcano. :icon_lol:
Darn it, your right. I didn't notice that the first time.
Well anyway here are a couple of my favorite tanks:

**the last 2 aren't really aquariums but are still awesome inspirations!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts