The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im looking to scape this 10 gallon tank!

A few keys....I want a mainly java fern look since this will be a very low light tank....as well, I will most likely have java moss along the bottom (any ideas how to secure this?)....if anyone else has any ideas I welcome it! It will be mainly home to shrimp and a few community fish!

·
Registered
637 Posts
People use plastic mesh to make moss groundcover. You take two squares of mesh, sandwich the moss between the two layers, and tie it together. The moss will grow through and obscure the mesh and you will eventually have a nice patch of moss lawn.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
People use plastic mesh to make moss groundcover. You take two squares of mesh, sandwich the moss between the two layers, and tie it together. The moss will grow through and obscure the mesh and you will eventually have a nice patch of moss lawn.
ohhh good idea....what kind of mesh should I look for?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think what people do most often is go to a craft store and buy the plastic mesh for needlepoint. If you search on this forum you should be able to find lots of threads about what different people use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.