The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped by a newer shop in Green Brook, NJ. It is called Aquarium Roots and is located within the Fitz Fishponds store on Rt. 22.

They are a planted tank focused shop and carry more hardscape and specialty items than I knew what to do with. I have not come across a more substantial inventory of rocks and wood elsewhere in the NY/PA area. Lots of typical planted tank community fish as well.

Definitely worth stopping by if you're in the area or in need of hardscape!

They are quite active on Facebook and Instagram.

Aquarium Roots

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was just searching online for a dealer in the US and hopefully in the east coast for Tropica and found this great Nature Aquarium Store! It is close by me in NJ but part of another business called Fitz Fish Ponds on Rt. 22
Got some really beautiful display tanks. They carry Shrimps, plants, fish hardscape material and rimless tanks! I know I can buy a lot of stuff online but I really like the conversations and see and touching the stuff I am getting. I spoke with a person there about this hobby and it was great! I was truly geeking out! Will be getting a Twinstar for my ADA 45P from them cause I want to support local businesses. If you live in the Tristate area of NY,NJ, CT and PA you'll like this place!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Been here since inception of the store, Kason is a nice dude, and they're quickly stocking on rarer plants. If you're looking for hardscapes and don't want to venture out into the wild, this is definitely the spot for it. The prices for the invertebrates/fish could be a little cheaper I'd say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.