The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Need some help, ,my sister in law bought a fish tank from CL this morning and the top plastic thing is missing, i don't know whats it called, I wanna know where i can get it, its a 125 gallon aquarium, the previous owner was using the tank for over 8 years now with a problem i m just thinking it might be a little safer if the plastic thing is there.

thank you :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Easy fix, you can either get 2 thick plate glass and put them on either side to brace it, or 1 nice sized middle piece and silicone it in. I recommend RTX 100 silicone.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
It would help to know the manufacturer if you're going to replace the factory aquarium trim/frame (I'm not sure what it's called either). There are a few places that sell them - glasscages.com, for instance. As an alternative, you could always set this up as a riparium so that the water level is low enough to eliminate the concern of not having a top frame.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
That looks like the Oak trim that is common on the All Glass (old name) or Aqueon (new name) tanks.
You might email them with the exact dimensions and ask if their frames would fit.
My 125 has a top frame with 2 cross bars, so it needs 3 lids. I use the glass lids (I think they are also sold by Aqueon).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts