The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I hope someone can help me here. I have a 40 breeder planted that I started cycling 2 weeks ago. About a week in I have these red worms popping up only on my hard scape at first and now they're crawling around everywhere. I can't identify them and I don't want to start populating my tank until I know if they're harmful to the fish and inverts. They seem to have a "hand" on their back end that they use to grip the rocks, are bright red like bloodworms(that's what I thought they were at first) and segmented. I've had tanks most of my life and serviced them professionally for multiple years. I've shown pictures to multiple fish stores in my area and no one has seen these little guys before. So I'm really hoping someone here can help me.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's pretty cool. How did it turn out?

I have something that cropped up in my tank that looks like a slime mold. It's white and appears suddenly and moves across the hardscape or plants a few inches a day. Next day it might be gone only to appear again in a few days. It does not seem to damage anything. It makes the tank seem more like an ecosystem than just a holding tank for fish and plants.

Hope your red worms are harmless as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.