The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im am an beginner of a planted aquarium. I have a 25.9 gallons of a tank and using Chihiros A601 led. If anyone could help me, please teach me how I can started to give the lighting in a best way!
thank you! 馃檹

Registered
Hi, Im am an beginner of a planted aquarium. I have a 25.9 gallons of a tank and using Chihiros A601 led. If anyone could help me, please teach me how I can started to give the lighting in a best way!
thank you! 馃檹
If you are injecting co2 then just make sure your tank is on a timer. 8 hours a day split up however you want it (all it once, 4 hours in the morning and 4 in the evening, 2 in the morning 6 in the evening, etc) and you should be fine. If you are not injecting co2 you will want to get an idea for how bright your light is. Generally we care about par/ppfd at substrate which is a measurement for how much light in the spectrum that plants use. If this is a tank with no co2 then you want somewhere between 15 and 35 par/ppfd at substrate. To figure out how much that is you need a par meter or you can roughly calculate it with a lux meter (or lux meter app for smart phones) and take the lux and divide by 80. Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are injecting co2 then just make sure your tank is on a timer. 8 hours a day split up however you want it (all it once, 4 hours in the morning and 4 in the evening, 2 in the morning 6 in the evening, etc) and you should be fine. If you are not injecting co2 you will want to get an idea for how bright your light is. Generally we care about par/ppfd at substrate which is a measurement for how much light in the spectrum that plants use. If this is a tank with no co2 then you want somewhere between 15 and 35 par/ppfd at substrate. To figure out how much that is you need a par meter or you can roughly calculate it with a lux meter (or lux meter app for smart phones) and take the lux and divide by 80. Good luck!
Thanks for your information, will try make a new setup for lighting as your information. Also i dont inject co2 but im giving co2 as which i got information from internet, that is co2 starts about an hour before light go on, and off 1 hour before light goes off. Is that correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.