The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place, but my aquarium lid won't shut and it's really annoying me now.
Does anyone know how to take the lid off a Superfish Aqua Expert 70 aquarium? I have a faulty one where to lid is too far to the right and won't shut.
Thanks!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I assume you can't simply return it for a non-faulty one.
From what I can see in the pics I was able to find the hinges appear to be built into the top trim surround on the tank. I can't tell if this allows for any adjustment or not. Again assuming not, you would have to do some modifications to get the lid to fit properly. A careful examination of the problem should show you what needs to be changed to get it to fit. Maybe you can take the hinges apart and do a little sanding on them, or change their pins to something smaller allowing for a bit of play in their lateral movement. Worse comes to worse simply cut them off entirely and lift your canopy on and off like the rest of us do.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
welp, so much for that, I don't think I've got much to offer...

Only thing I can suggest is to try and remove that pin in the hinge, and then see if you can get the hood to sit right, or if it's just some manufacturing flaw.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Can we have an overview of the tank? One where we see your filter and anything else. Try this, also. Lift the lid completely open and look all around where the lid sits, see if the lid is mis alined if the pins are out of sort then trying holding the frame of the lid and tapping or gently tugging the lid the other direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.