The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would these fish thrive together in a 30 gallon breeder or regular or is it overstocked?

community 1 - one betta,4-8 kuhli,4 corys, maybe 2 bristle nose pleco, 7 neon tetras

community 2 - one blood parrot cichlid, 4-8 kuhli, 4 bristlenose plecos, 7 cardinal tetras

community 3 - 2 fancy goldfish, few bristlnoses

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have always run into problems with multiple BN plecos when kept together (unless it is a mating pair)
That being said........

community 1 would work as a community with 1 BN
community 2 would not work with a BP period, IMO.
community 2 would not work with a BN as it requires different water temps than the fancy goldfish do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have always run into problems with multiple BN plecos when kept together (unless it is a mating pair)
That being said........

community 1 would work as a community with 1 BN
community 2 would not work with a BP period, IMO.
community 2 would not work with a BN as it requires different water temps than the fancy goldfish do.
Do you happen to know any tank mates for fancy goldfish that are cleaning crew?

·
Banned
A ton of guppies, mystery snails, japanese trapdoor snails, ghost shrimp, & tons of plants in a 10G.
178 Posts
The cichlid will VERY likely eat the cardinal tetras. I had that issue with my blood parrot cichlid in the past.

If I were you, I'd put these fish in a community:
1 Female Betta
4-5 Kuhlis
4 cory cats
10 Cardinal Tetras

AS FAR AS I KNOW, these fish can get along well, although I'd be worried about the Kuhlis with the tetras....

Also, tetras (especially cardinals, in my case) are notorious for fin-nipping!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would go with community 1 with the following changes:
Up the kuhli to 8
Up the cory to 8 (and specify the species; I'd recommend sterbai or enques)
Drop the 2 pleco or reduce it to 1 (i have 2 lemon in a 40B; but the lemon mostly stay small - though that is playing with the odds as I had 1 male lemon that was huge (bit over 6 inch; but the others are around 3-4; but that is just length the body size are much more streamline than the large one).
-
There is absolutely no issue keeping kuhli with cardinal tetra or serpae or rosy white fin or black neon or .... However do provide some plant cover for them to play in as well as some drift wood (which the pleco will require).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts