The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I have a fluval Ebi tank that will soon have OEBT's and my temp is at 78 and I would like to drop it down to a few degrees for them. I cant put a clip on walmart fan cause of where the tank is on my dest so I will need to get one that is made for aquariums.

I have found lots for them but they all seem to be noisy and I really don't want some thing that is going drive me crazy. Does any one have experience with a good aquarium fan that isn't that noisy?

Here are some that I have been looking at. First one is the one I'm thinking about getting cause of a lot of good reviews on amazon.

Amazon.com: AQUATEK ChillMaster Aquarium Cooling Fan 2 Fan Model (AQT-F02): Pet Supplies

seen a video on this one and way to noisy or might be the video
Amazon.com: UP Aqua 2 Row Flexible Aquarium Cooling Fan: Pet Supplies

This one is also very loud in the video I have seen
http://www.petstore.com/up-aqua-sma...tent=AZ64047&gclid=CNTUksH11bUCFQWFnQodpnoAJw

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=14701&cmpid=03cseaz&ref=4144&subref=AA

Heres a pic of my tank, betta will be moved once shrimp are in there

Attachments

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A lot of the SW reef people have done this as a DIY project using computer fans and a 12v power supply. You can get the fans in all sorts of sizes and many are silent. It's really not too hard to do.
Ya I have seen that as well but don't see how it can mount it on a rimless tank. I will just have to do some research into them, I haven't really looked into them yet.

You are going to have a really tough time pulling your temp down more than 1-3 degrees with fans alone. More than that I would have to see to believe. If you want more than that you would probably need a chiller IME.
Well I'm just looking for like 2 to 3 degrees in drop, I have a clip on fan on a ten gallon with CRS and it drops it down from 78 to around 74 so that's find with me just want it a lil cooler for the oebt.

And Thanks :proud:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.