The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am matt, Iam a college student and have lots of tanks at home but decided it was time to set up a tank in my dorm room. Just going to keeep a tab on my progress with this and anyone who wants to chime in and give me advice or feed back feel free.

The tank:
2.5gal.
13wCFL light desk top lamp.
Flourite black.
Red sea nano filter, with spong on intake.
DIY co2, with glass nano defuser.

Plants:
DHG
HC

Animals:
Blue Pearl shrimp (when everythings ready for them)

So what does everyone think?
Hows the hardscape?? Really dont plan on changing it, but would like to know what everyone thinks.

Hope you enjoy, Thanks for your time.
-Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quick question guys, there seems to be like mold or somthing growing on my DHG... is this a bad thing? or just things that died on the DHG decomposing... everything seems to be growing in though despite that.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shrimp are in the dilivery truck right now, just checked the tracker.
yes growth has been slow mainly because i was waiting for my co2 defuser... it came in 3 days ago so only had co2 for 3 days. hopefully the extra bost speeds everything up! willl post pics of the shrimp. maybe tonight or when they get settled in.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ha, I was so afraid that when people were over at our apartment, they would want to give my fish a drink. At least I have my own room I can put it in, rather than leaving it right out in the open.

Anyway, nice looking tank you've got there. I like it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Small update

What do u guys think?

Slow and steddy I guess, the DHG is really finily starting to take off, the HC is slow but i can see the runners starting to spread, shrimp are all good.

2 different molts today and more activity as far as shrimp then I have seen since I set the tank up. so maybe ill have some berrries!?!?

Who knows prob just dreaming.

Thanks for looking
-Matt

Attachments

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.