The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have an Aquario Neo CO2 diffuser and it is completely clogged. I left it in my tank for a few weeks without having the CO2 system on.
I leave the diffuser in the AJAX breach solution for a few hours now. And I blow the diffuser, still no air bubbles. Is the diffuser toasted?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Hi All,

I have an Aquario Neo CO2 diffuser and it is completely clogged. I left it in my tank for a few weeks without having the CO2 system on.
I leave the diffuser in the AJAX breach solution for a few hours now. And I blow the diffuser, still no air bubbles. Is the diffuser toasted?
I think it should be OK if you cleaned it. What PSI are you running? What do you mean "I blow the diffuser.." I have found those Neo diffusers difficult to restart at times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually running at 20 PSI. I adjusted to almost 40 PSI yesterday just to try. But now it is working after I soaked diffuser in the bleach for a half day. The bleach solution turned black. The difusser must be very dirty.

I used my mouth to blow the tube that connects to the difusser, but my breath couldn't go through.
My plants seems have phosphate deficiency issue. I might need to start dose that. :(

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I usually running at 20 PSI. I adjusted to almost 40 PSI yesterday just to try. But now it is working after I soaked diffuser in the bleach for a half day. The bleach solution turned black. The difusser must be very dirty.

I used my mouth to blow the tube that connects to the difusser, but my breath couldn't go through.
My plants seems have phosphate deficiency issue. I might need to start dose that. :(
Those Neo diffusers need strong PSI to work, I like the diffusion, but mine takes a long time to start back up in the morning. I don't think the PSI of a human blowing is enough to pass through the diffuser.

·
Registered
466 Posts
A useful tip I found elsewhere is to have two of them and switch them every month. While one is working the other is getting cleaned.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
A useful tip I found elsewhere is to have two of them and switch them every month. While one is working the other is getting cleaned.
I agree, I do have two of these, just can't figure out why it takes several hours to start back up, compared to a typical glass diffuser. It looks like it has something to do with the long stem and the PSI I'm running.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I agree, I do have two of these, just can't figure out why it takes several hours to start back up, compared to a typical glass diffuser. It looks like it has something to do with the long stem and the PSI I'm running.
IDK - I've run into the same issue with the nanos. It takes an extra day for them to get up and running. I thought it was just me. LOL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts