The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got this new TDS meter and i tested my tap water its at 93 ppm.. i was reading online that most tap water are around 200-300ppm... the aquapro out of the box is calibrated with a 342 ppm NaCl solution. is there anything wrong with this?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I'm assuming you did the cal yourself. If you followed the directions and your cal solution is okay then I would assume it's correct. A one point cal isn't the best in the world though. Three points ( a low, mid and high that span the measuring range ) would be best but even two points would be better. It's also good to use a set of controls - solutions with known values to test after the calibration as added assurance.

Of course I may be overboard, I work in a clinical lab and we control every quantitative test at least daily and some tests every 8 hours with at least two levels of control.

As as aside, I just picked up a pH meter and what fun it is cal'ing and controlling an instrument at home. My wife just rolls her eyes, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.