The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
I've always wanted to make something like this. It would look nicer if you could run the plumbing elsewhere...like into your pantry. That'd be a nice site to see when opening the pantry doors...fresh food! With the advance's in led's I think this will become very cost effective one day.

·
Registered
627 Posts
His is much nicer looking than mine. How do I post pics from my phone?

I'm not so sure about growing tilapia in such a small tank, I've read it can be done, but it would be maintenance intensive, definitely not salmon.

Not sure he has had great results with clear Totes as growing trays. Most terrestrial plants have light sensitive roots....an interesting take on it though, I wonder if this is a concept or a working model?

You can find many functional models to look at on YouTube or Google, granted most are large, by there are smaller systems. Mine was based on a 29g tank, and a 44x24" hydroponics tray. All on a 4 ft shelving rack...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
His is much nicer looking than mine. How do I post pics from my phone?
Do you have the ability to connect your phone to your PC? If so you should be able to access the pictures and save them to your computer and them upload them to photobucket or something then post the picture here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.