The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a fee Aquapod 24g from a friend it was a saltwater tank I fin cleaning all the salt junk out resealed the back over flow. It has NO top so I need some kind of light the width is 19.75in. So would I need something that is 18 or 20in want something with legs. I am looking for 36 to 72watt ill be using a paintball co2 system.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Current USA used to make a 20" 2x40w system, but I believe its discontinued.
Catalina Aquarium is probably your best bet... take a look at this one.

They also sell a single bulb system. I'd get the double, and split your time between the 2 bulbs. e.g., front bulb on for 4 hours, then back on for 4 hours. Otherwise, your rear plants will grow forward, or your foreground plants won't get enough light. If you use timers, call and ask them to install a second cord/ballast.

I owned an aquapod 24g, and it was a PITA as far as I felt like the filter couldn't keep up with the tank. I got in to trouble using both lights all the time. Make sure you fill the back chamber with bio balls or equivalent. Also, try replacing the stock pump with a maxi-jet 1200, it puts out more flow with less heat. I also supplemented with a koralia nano powerhead, as the tank had lots of "dead spots" of flow.

All in all though, beautiful looking tanks. Enjoy it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts