The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find an AquaMedic 1000. I can't seem to find any online. I found them in Europe but that online store did not ship to the states. Could anyone offer an as good/better alternative? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am using this one and happy with it.

Sera Flore Active CO2 Reactor 500 - Small 66-160 Gal

Bigger size:

Also these guys sell a reactor and is a well known brand.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using this one and happy with it.

Sera Flore Active CO2 Reactor 500 - Small 66-160 Gal

Bigger size:

Also these guys sell a reactor and is a well known brand.

Thanks- I'll check these out. I had done my research on the AquaMedic 1000 about 6 monthes ago and just put off buying one and now I can't seem to find them any where online. I guess they are not sold here anymore.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yea the sera has a lot of bad reviews - don't know about the should by green leaf aquarium but the aquamedic 1000 is suppose to be pretty good esp for larger tanks
I saw the reviews for the one I bought. Saw it first from a guy in the waterbox FB page and he receommend it, so I bought it and I haven't had any issues since March. Mine has 4 stars so is good.

Pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yea the sera has a lot of bad reviews - don't know about the should by green leaf aquarium but the aquamedic 1000 is suppose to be pretty good esp for larger tanks
I use a Sera Flore 1000 on a 220 gallon aquarium...get a 1.4 pH drop....perhaps my only knock on it is the barb for the CO2 line which is a little fragile, else it's been a solid unit for 6 years running

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement - the complaints i've read had been (a) brittle plastic that sometimes break and (b) some issues with fittings and leaks. In my case I'm looking for a unit for a 400 gallon tank but my target ph drop is only 0.8 since i'm conservative and put the fishes first. Also i'm mix on co2 for this build since it does have a tendency to cause some plants to grow too fast and too large. In my 120 i recently decided to stop running co2 since the swords plants were easily reaching 24 inches and the most difficult plant was a melon sword which isn't saying much - mind you i'm happy with the tank though if i could find a decent red plant i would add it - but i think i'll do something similar to the 120 but add some prince kleiner sword plants in the mix (those produce a deep purple/reddish leaf - similar to aflame but with a bit less blue and more red) and co2 seems to help them quite a bit.

I use a Sera Flore 1000 on a 220 gallon aquarium...get a 1.4 pH drop....perhaps my only knock on it is the barb for the CO2 line which is a little fragile, else it's been a solid unit for 6 years running

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.