The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Coast Mountain Range of British Columbia, and my water has an aquamarine tinge to it when I empty in into the toilet. In the aquarium it looks fine though. I thought it might have been Green Water but after lowering lighting conditions and feeding my fish less this color remains. Nitrate---10 Nitrite---0 PH---7 GH---30 KH---60 Could the aquamarine color be caused by the Glacial water source for our:confused: town?

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
Perhaps it is an algal bloom? Try taking some aquarium water and putting it into a transparent cup against a white background (or a white paper cup) and take a photo; perhaps more people can assist you.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Lots of water does have natural color to it. What we often miss is the way we are looking at the water. In a tank we often look through a foot or more of the water and think it is something odd when we see the color. But it may just be that we don't look through the same aount of water when it is in a glass, etc.
Could be a problem with the water or just natural color?
If it looks good in the tank, I would not worry about how it looks in the toilet! Maybe the wife uses Comet cleanser on the toilet which leaves green residue?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aquamarine

You know it's always been this colour, and I have never lost any fish because of it. I don't notice it when I look through the tank, but as a newbie I was just wondering. Definitely not an Algae bloom. Thanks All

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aquamarine..

I was just on our community Facebook page and people are asking what the blue/green ring around the bathtub might be. So the aquamarine issue I am having is definitely coming from the outside. Can chlorine cause this? :icon_excl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.