The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just looking at co2 equipment and saw this set it comes with everything but the bottle. i was just wondering if any of you have herd anything bad/good about it. btw its the
Aqualine Buschke CO2 German Complete.
Aqualine Buschke CO2 German Complete system without bottle. Kit includes CO2 pressure regulator, CO2 bubble counter, CO reactor, cleaning brush, and connection tube.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
The only negative I've heard is the needle valve is not the best...but most mainstream commercial regulators (Milwaukee, JBJ, this one) have low-end needle valves. I personally recommend the Azoo if you're going the commercial route.

IMHO, the best option is to contact Rex here and ask politely if he would construct a regulator for you...drop him a pm. The price (probably 10-20 more than a commercial one) will be definitely worth it in the long run.

Whatever you do, don't skimp now or you'll regret it later. Think things through as you are doing now :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you give me a link for a site with the azoo regulators?
i cant find it for sale anywere.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i understand that. but on the other hand my parents dont really want me messing with p-co2 no offence to rex but they wouldnt let me get it period if i told them someone made it. (i know azoo milwaki(sp) and jbj are made by people but they have a brand on them) if it were up to me i would buy rex's
gear but im also not the one buying the equipment lol.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
ya i understand that. but on the other hand my parents dont really want me messing with p-co2 no offence to rex but they wouldnt let me get it period if i told them someone made it. (i know azoo milwaki(sp) and jbj are made by people but they have a brand on them) if it were up to me i would buy rex's
gear but im also not the one buying the equipment lol.
I can completely understand! Maybe Rex can "edit" his webpage to PG :)

Nah, that wouldn't be Rex. If your folks are helping you out (which hopefully they will), you can always turn it around and explain to them the biology of aquatic plants, nitrogen cycle, production of co2, photorespiration, etc...stuff that you'll (or have already) learned in a good biology class or AP. Good luck and let us know how this goes!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya its not that they dont want me to get the co2 (there both gardeners)
its that they dont understand why i cant use a diy co2 setup...
it took awhile to get them to understand the difference lol.
im just geting a shopping list going i'll be geting my tank in a few weeks and hopefuly get my filstar-xp4 with it seeing as foster&smith has the lowest price on them.

and seeing that you have been in the hobby for awhile do i dose seachem (flourish) as the trace ferts? im thinking about using the flourish as a source of trace elements? and using dry ferts for the rest of the doseing.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
A DIY accident makes a much bigger mess than a pressurized mess. As long as you are not in an extremely small enclosed area even a complete catastrophic dump of a 5 lb cylinder will do nothing more than cause you to have to change your pants.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A DIY accident makes a much bigger mess than a pressurized mess. As long as you are not in an extremely small enclosed area even a complete catastrophic dump of a 5 lb cylinder will do nothing more than cause you to have to change your pants.
thats what i told my parents to change there minds lol. that and the fact i had proof (my 2l co2 bottle exploded).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts