The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have experience with the Aquaclear 110 filters? I'm currently using double Aquaclear 70's on my 55 gallon, one on each end. I'm thinking about switching them out for two AC110 filters since their such a great deal right now on Amazon. It would only cost 140 for two of them. Would this be overkill and too much filtration/current?

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
I run 1 on a tank 4' x 20 x 12, and other similar sized set ups. Mostly these are about 45-50 gallons, and 1 is just fine. I do add a Koralia circulation pump for the hillstream tanks, but the single Aquaclear 110 is plenty by itself for community tanks in that size range.
I also have one on a 72 gallon, but I also have a sump that adds another 200gph or so.
I have run 2 Aquaclear 110 filters in a 125 gallon (6' long) tank.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Would be ton of current in 55 gal that's only twelve inches wide.
I used two AC 110's on 80 gal while raising a group of small Discus and they were plenty of Movement for the young fish till they got some size.(struggled in the flow)
I had them mounted on each end on back glass, but the 80 gal is much wider front to back than my 55 gal.
Would be good for fishes like loaches,pleco's, most catfish, that like a bit of movement in the tank but maybe too much flow from two of the AC 110's for small community fishes and maybe some plant's.
Just my opinion.
I still like the Aquaclear HOB filter's very much for they are truly work horses and fairly quiet once they get broke in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.