The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to register on Aquabid and it said they are not accepting registrations at this time. Does anyone know why? Is this a temporary thing as in they are working on the server for a few hours or is it longer term? If the latter, why on earth would they restrict the number of buyers/sellers? I posed this question to Aquabid but don't know how long it will take for them to reply.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That does seem unusual. I just won several auctions in the last week and bid on a few others without noticing any problems.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
it was down for the most part all day for me. here and there a page would load. i would try again and see what happens. my guess its a error from problems with the server or them working on the system.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
AB always has issues with their website. Just try again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
A couple of weeks ago there were people who would bid up auctions, immediately leave bad feedback, and then not pay for the auctions. People who were really intending on bidding on the auctions could not afford to do so and some great sellers got feedback that they didn't deserve. I think at that point the owner of the site restricted registration. I beleive if you e-mail him he will put you in manually. They also had some problems and were up and down for like two days. They seem to be up and running now.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Aquabid isn't that great anyway. There are some shady characters on there. There are great ones too.

I recently bid on some daphnia and contacted the seller. Didn't hear a word from the guy and gave him a negative feedback. I then got a negative feedback saying I'm a newbie non-paying bidder. Son of a gun pissed me off. I complained to aquabid but doubt anything will happen.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not exactly the same issue, but...

I registered on Aquabid about 2 weeks ago. Last week I changed my password (from the autogenerated one you are initially given), and since then I haven't been able to log into my account...when I try, it gives me a message that states my account has been suspended for review.

I've emailed them multiple times (and the webmaster as well)...with no response.

How long before I get a response?? I assume you can't reach out to them telephonically, right?

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
No problems here. I posted several auctions with responses and payment. But I have been using Aquabid for years and register several years ago.

One thing I will agree with is that it is not the same as several years back when many more individual auctioneers would be posting. Now you see it filled page after page with auctions from what I call spammers, people that violate rules of multiple postings. There are still hobbiests posting but very few.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
AB doesn't quite rake in the mega bucks like eBay, so Mark (the admistrator) can't quit his day job to make it run perfectly.

Keep trying. It'll go through eventually.

I wish AB was a little bit more of at true auction site. It's annoying to go on there and see fish listed for $4/fish, when the company sellls them for for the same or less on their own website. If AB had listing fees equivalent to eBay, they might be able to curtail that.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Aquabid isn't that great anyway. There are some shady characters on there. There are great ones too.

I recently bid on some daphnia and contacted the seller. Didn't hear a word from the guy and gave him a negative feedback. I then got a negative feedback saying I'm a newbie non-paying bidder. Son of a gun pissed me off. I complained to aquabid but doubt anything will happen.

That does suck. I was about to buy a daphnia culture on there too but went to ebay to save a couple bucks. Although i don't know what kind of daphnia i have, and they didn't send very much. But i have a culture now. So im happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts