The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
None of the fish I plan to stock my tank with are available at the LFS - anyone have any experiences with Aquabid? Or having fish shipped to you for that matter? Not only is it expensive but it seems risky. Is it hard to have shipments arranged to arrive on a weekend when I know I would be home to receive it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
AB fish are top notch. Check your shipper's reputation. As long as you pay and respond promptly you will encounter few problems.

·
Registered
952 Posts
You'll be dealing with an individual. I make sure to email the seller before they ship my fish/inverts. I have bought bettas and plecos off of aquabid. It is stressful but they all came alive. Its just like buying from a user on this forum except you are bidding on a single thing and are guaranteed what you won.

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
As for shipping on the weekend, not likely, most sellers only ship on monday and tuesday. Make sure you have them ship it to your place of work, or make sure someone is home to receive it, or have it held at the post office for you to pick up. Otherwise it may sit on a hot porch or in a little oven called a mailbox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.