The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Aqua Soil- NEW Amazonia (Tank 20g long) 3.5-4” in the back and 3-3.5” in the front and filled the tank with tap water on Wednesday night did 2x 100% water change on day 2 with tap (rock) water and on day 3 did one more 100% change with distilled water remineralize TDS 140. Today I did some testing my TDS is @ 179 pH 6.5 and gH only at 3??? What happened the tds wend up and the gH went down??
Where can I expect the pH to be with distilled water?? I hope it drops to low 6 mid 5 pH.
Please tell me your experience with ADA NEW Amazonia, TDS, pH and gH.
I do know that Ammonia will be a problem for some time but that is ok
Thank you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have one bag of Amazonia New in my 20 long. I am assuming you have two bags because mine barely fills the tank. Even so, with RO water, I am getting pH under 6. Also, did you add anything to your water after you measured the TDS the first time? What was the gH the first time too?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I got 2two 9L bags and used 1.5.
I did not check my gH the first time I filled it with tap water or like I call it the liquid rock. Last time I checked the liquid rock the gH was 17

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes I got 2two 9L bags and used 1.5.
I did not check my gH the first time I filled it with tap water or like I call it the liquid rock. Last time I checked the liquid rock the gH was 17
No, I meant the first time you measured you after you did a 100% change with distilled.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After the water change TDS of 140-145 and gH6 I use Shirakura CA+ to remineralz the water. I have nothing on the tank just the substrate and filer with filter floos to get the water clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts