The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after having a stroke i am finally up and about. and after reading thru the forums. now i am confused with the soil as i never used the amazonia soil and some say u should not mix with other soil. some say it will melt plants. i already have a couple of bags of amazonia soil. i guess not the amazonia 2 being a lot better. so any feedback would be great. i feel like could it be that ADA SOIL is overated?:icon_roll

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I use the amazonia and think the II is not that much better just refined.

It melts plants probably due to poor acclimation just as fish would die(but not grow back like plants) when quickly transitioned from two total opposite waters cause aquasoil really lowers the params.

I highly doubt that aquasoil is overrated if it was it wouldn't still be on the market and after using it nothing else holds a dime to it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Lots of people say ADA AS is the greatest soil ever created. Tom Barr also agrees that ADA AS with EI dosing is the "best" way to go.

But then lots of people complain about the ammonia etc etc. IME, I've never had an ammonia problem. I don't have a test kit, but I dropped a cherry shrimp in there after ONE day with a new filter and everything. It survived. Got sucked in the filter later but I survived the "ammonia".

I guess I was lucky :-D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.