The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I'm planning on buying the Aqua One Betta Trio and modding it a lot. My plan is to rip out the dividers and make it one big space for flora and fauna, change out the pump for a 160 gph pump, add a heater and beef up the filtration. (The filter compartment is comparable to the fluval spec but with way more chambers)

I wanted your guys opinion for what I should stock it with (effectively 6-7 gallons without the dividers), I wanted to maybe put a small school of mountain minnows or some other Small schooling fish, maybe make it just a shrimp, maybe a kuhli loach with some other fish. I need some opinions and your help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great looking tank. I think it would be a great size without the dividers. How hard do you think they will be to remove?

I have a Spec 3, and love the fact that everything is hidden in the back, and it has a nice black background.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great looking tank. I think it would be a great size without the dividers. How hard do you think they will be to remove?

I have a Spec 3, and love the fact that everything is hidden in the back, and it has a nice black background.
There's a YouTube video where a guy had removed the dividers on the 2 section version of this tank, I asked him about it and he said it was super easy to remove them with a blow dryer and a razor blade. The dividers are plastic and since I don't plan on keeping them I'm just gonna break them off without damaging the silicone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.