The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got an Aqua Medic bubble counter at my LFS. Problem is, I cannot figure out how to get the thing open. The instructions that came with it are next to useless. I am afraid that I might break it if I try too hard to open it. Anyone have any tricks for opening these things? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should just be able to pull the top plug out. Its going to be tight, just try to carefully pop it out.
Thanks for the reply. I could not seem to get a good grip on it anywhere, and I did not want to use pliers for fear of breaking it. Honestly I was not sure if I needed to twist it or what. I ended up wedging a knife in between the cylinder and the top and slowly lifting it, which eventually worked. They certainly make those things pretty solid.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Don't know yours, but my generic BC was glued together I just got water in there through one of the tubes.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did manage to get the top off of the bubble counter finally, it was just REALLY stuck on there. It has a gasket in the fitting that I thought was threads at first, so I was not sure if it was twist-off or pop-off. Thanks for all the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts