The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
They have all the common signs of being cheap. I have not looked at E-bay but a look at the brand shows pretty standard low end. Cheap needle valve, poor solenoid type. Without more looking I can't say about how the connections, etc. might be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have all the common signs of being cheap. I have not looked at E-bay but a look at the brand shows pretty standard low end. Cheap needle valve, poor solenoid type. Without more looking I can't say about how the connections, etc. might be.
Good point about the connections; I hadn't thought about those being just as important.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
While it seems at first to be just a regional preference thing, there are several reasons to go with what is made in the country where you want to use the equipment. In the US, we can often find cheaper prices other places but then it can become a real problem with the metric system being the dominant method. My first reg setup bit the dust , not because it wasn't repairable but because it was going to be so long to get the right parts together to repair it. I now like the idea of using a cheap "beer reg" set that I can drive down the way and pick up a repair kit for the reg itself and the small parts are common to my part of the world.
I'm a repair guy by nature so having plans for when it breaks is just normal for my thinking. It all breaks at some point!

This is a place that seems to have much of the stuff I like at one place. The one-stop saves on shipping from multiple places. Not as cheap for sure but when starting it is sometimes worthwhile to go for certainty rather than low price. It does require screwing the parts together though.
But I like to have various options to look over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.