The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Can I keep him with angels?
Yes. I would read up on this fishes profile. These fish are very docile unless a pair is formed and there is a spawn. If this happens both parents become very aggressive.

I would look at on-line pictures of males and females. This will help you identify the sex. I believe from your picture this is a male. The 2 sexes look pretty close. Females body are shorter/stubbier . Males will become larger. Females develop a bright reddish orange belly while breeding. Don't get confused they both have a reddish belly normally...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Female

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk
Charlest that is wrong that is a male. Kribs are one fish that the female is more brightly colored then the male. Attached is a pic of a female for reference. I have a pair of these in my 75Gal with Discus and they get along with everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm not sure if this photo is accurate. I put the fish in an hour ago. I would assume it is still stressed out and the full colors aren't shown yet.
Females are also a bit stubbier, meaning; from head to tail more compact looking than the longer male counter part. You have a male. I used to breed these for feeders.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm not sure if this photo is accurate. I put the fish in an hour ago. I would assume it is still stressed out and the full colors aren't shown yet.
You can also tell cause he has larger finnage and he is more elongated then a female would be i am 100% sure your fish is a male no way it could be a female

·
Registered
417 Posts
You need a picture of the dorsal fin erect. I've had males with as pretty a pink/violet belly as any female. It's all in the dorsal. Males will come almost to a point, and be more elongated and females are shorter and rounded off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dude its a male......you asked and got your info....you don't know what conditions it came from its fins might not have grown out yet....but no matter what it is still a male

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.