The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show you guys my cube. Is it a riparium? Paludarium? I don't know!

I've been flailing around (life) for a while, waiting, and I finally got it set up. I 'm really glad I waited, because it allowed my ideas to change and adapt to what would finally produce this. Can't wait for it to fill in.

·
Registered
691 Posts
This is a pretty cool idea and I was wondering how you are getting light to the lower area?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a lot of natural light from a nearby window. I just happened to take this picture when the sun was shining directly on it. But even when it's not, I still get a decent amount from the light fixture (or at least enough for java fern).

I have a DIY LED fixture that I still need to complete. It was supposed to be controlled by an Arduino, but I think I'm going to scrap that and use the Arduino for something else.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update on the bog portion. Added aluminum plant and Rotala indica. The hydrocotyle is starting to really take root. I'll post an FTS tomorrow.

Tank cycled and fish added. I ended up finding an LFS that sold sparkling gouramis. They're really shy! I had a hard time getting them to eat, but then I got some frozen bloodworms. Clearly I am spoiling them. I hope they warm up to me once they figure out that face against the glass = food. My betta goes nuts whenever you so much as walk by the tank.

I also added 10 ghost shrimp, 3 of which have died in the last 2 days. I know they're sold as feeders, but I hope at least 5 of them survive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts