The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well my julis have breed and there are 2 generations of fry i was looking today and could only see 1 fry and the apple snails where in the area where the fry where being kept. I understand the apple snails if they can get at the eggs they will eat them but do they pose a threat to fry ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
highly dought it. its a snail ... that has a mouth flat on the glass. how would a fish even get under it ?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Juli's are excellent parents, I don't imagine they would allow an apple snail close enough to eat eggs, much less fry. If there's cover, most likely the fry are hiding.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
these are first time parents they havent even tried to push the apple snails around mostly they gaurd the openings from the multies no agression so far and many thought a feat like this would be impossible ! the juli fry are mabey 3-5 mm by 1 mm and i have seen a snail eat a wafer 5-8 mm by 2-4 mm so i just thought it might be possible. Also the snails rarely go on the glass they are more commonly seen runing through the sand.

Also as a bit of an update i counted around 7 fry recently. An apple snail was near them but the parents did nothing.

thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
234 Posts
algae wafers dont move:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts