The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post. I have been taking advice from this website for months now, and decided it was time to make an account, haha. Down to business though, I have had these a. Undulatus now for about over a year. And they have just recently been shooting up flower stalks like crazy, literally 3 per plant per week. I have tried self pollinating, pollinating from a different undulatus in the aquarium, but so far I have not had any luck cultivating seeds or new plants. Can someone help me out or tell me what I am doing wrong. I use a soft bristle toothbrush. I don't trim the flower stalk I let it die out on its own. And I do not have any plant eaters in my tank. Please help

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Use a small paintbrush with soft bristles in the future to collect pollen from multiple plants rather than a toothbrush. Toothbrush is sorta big...

-Gordon

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a soft bristle paint brush, like the ones used for model cars should be used?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
A Q-tip works in a pinch. Rubbing the flowers against each other if close enough works even better.

The most important thing to do while pollinating is to make a buzzing sound as close to the sound of a real bee as possible. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha I will do that next time they flower out. Wich looks like again for the 5 time in the last month in a half

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My tanks temp is exactly 80 right now as I have an ich attack last month and never got around to turning it back down, but all of my fish have been more active with the higher temperature. It looks like I have seeds on one flower but I am not sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts