The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

Two or three months ago, I got one of those aponogeton bulb packs from Wal-Mart. About half of the bulbs didn't grow so I sent them back. I received about three times as many bulbs as you can usually get in a pack definitely worth the money.

I don't have room for all the apons, so I only put a few bulbs in the tank. Now, I have three different varieties of aponogetons, and I need your help to ID them.

Mystery Aponogeton, #1. NOTE: The curley-cues in the plant are from moving the plant (the water current hits it differently) and because the plant is a little large for my 10 g tank.

Mystery Aponogeton, #2. I think this one might be A. crispus or A. ulvaceous, but I'm not sure and I haven't been able to find much info or pics on either. What do you think?

Mystery Aponogeton #3. I think this one might be A. natans. I started this bulb in my 5 gallon shirmp/fry grow-out tank. The bulb sank, but once the plant started to grow, it floated again. I don't know if this plant will have the typical floating leaves that are common with A. natans

Any info you can give me is much appreciated. For #3, there are other apons directly behind it (one #1 and one #2) so I'm sorry if it's difficult to tell which is which.

Any guesses on what these plants are?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have many of those walmart apos and can't find a specific strain.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
#1 is the undulatus, I agree with your other two assumptions.

Did your lily bulb sprout?

I would place the aponos against the back side of tank, and bring the lily bulb to the foreground when it sprouts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Those lilies get big my walmart lily is at 29" right now its actually become a nuisance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts